Welcome

"I am immortal till my work is accomplished." ~David Livingstone

Saturday, January 5, 2013

On Bengal Football and Changed Attitudes...

This afternoon the house is quiet, and after cleaning and sewing, I'm watching the Cincinnati Bengals play in the playoffs. I haven't watched them since their first game of the season--late summer.

They played very poorly that day, but they must have improved, because they're here at the playoffs.

I've changed, too. The circumstances of today are surprisingly similar to the last day I watched them play, but so much has changed.

Last game (that I watched), my friend Sarah was about to leave Ohio for college, and I really only watched because a friend joked that it would help me not be sad, and I was curious if it would. I spent the game chatting online with Sarah, and it really did help! Today Sarah is again close to leaving. Her break is nearly over, and I get to see her one more time before she goes back.

I will miss her, but God changed me this year. I've learned that making more friends is a good thing. I've learned to be outgoing, and that thinking about others DOES help get my mind off of my troubles (thanks, Mom, I know you've told me that before :).

I'm able to watch the Bengals without thinking of crying, and I know that everything will be okay.

I know that friends are not always physically near, but as Sarah said, I would rather make friends and say goodbye to them than never meet them.

But who knows about those Bengals...

1 comment:

  1. Very true m'dear. I hate that my best friend lives ten hours away, but I would far rather have her as a friend no matter how far away, then never have gotten to know her.

    ReplyDelete