Welcome

"I am immortal till my work is accomplished." ~David Livingstone

Sunday, February 3, 2013

On Superbowl Sunday Morning...

Today I read an article, written by a Christian man to his eight year-old daughter, explaining what she needed to know before she could watch the Superbowl. His points were: This isn't as exciting as Americans think it is, don't ever wish you were a guy and that you could play this game, don't emulate the women you will see on the screen, and avoid men who are attracted to such women.

I liked this article, but wonder if any Christian men ever read that and thought about what THEY should get out of it. Do they know that I will be sitting in a church pew this morning, praising God with all of them, and wondering if they are attracted to the harlots on the television. Do they know I would avoid them if I knew that was the case? Do they know I will be wondering if they would be willing to explain why they can watch that, but would be upset if I were to become a pro cheerleader, or a model for a sleazy chip ad?

Do they know I respect my dad for choosing to love his wife and play with his kids instead of embracing this part of American culture?

Do they know I would cheer even louder than all of New Orleans, if I knew they embraced today for what it is outside of the Superbowl? Do they know I'd cheer for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment