Welcome

"I am immortal till my work is accomplished." ~David Livingstone

Friday, February 1, 2013

Random Thoughts and Thanksgivings..

Lately people have been asking me about my dad's job search, and whether there's any news. It is kind of sad and boring to always have to tell them, "no, nothing yet." However, things have been going on inwardly that have nothing practical to do with possibly moving, but I find them interesting.

First off, I miss my Oregon friends more than I have in a while. I don't know if this is because I keep thinking about the possibility of moving back, and that makes me want to see them, or if it's God's way of making me like the idea of moving. Who knows, but either way, I feel like I should pay more attention to posting things for my Oregon friends!

College. Wow, I don't even really want to think about it anymore! I'm glad to be in high school for now, and while I had been eagerly planning for my further education, everything has become so up in the air that I'm happy to wait and forget about college.

MAF! We have some friends who used to work at the Nampa, Idaho HQ for Mission Aviation Fellowship, and someone there asked me to be a social media advocate for MAF. I am THRILLED!! And just think--if we moved to Nampa (where my grandparents live)...

Tonight we're going to a meeting about planting another OPC in the town I live in. There's one in Vandalia (which we attend), and one in Beavercreek, which is about the same distance from our house. The Vandalia one, Covenant Presbyterian, may plant a new congregation here in Springfield this year or next. How exciting! Will we be here for it?

I've been shopping for a Bible, and discovered that its really complicated. I don't ask for much, just NKJV, a normal color cover, and wide margins would be a luxury. However, there are so many Bibles to wade through, the Patriot Bible, the Spiritual Warfare Bible, the Surfer's Bible, the African-American Woman's Bible. What about a...Bible Bible? This is such a first-world problem. I'm thankful that I can buy a Bible at all.


550. Bible shopping
551. Days off school
552. Tim playing guitar
553. Fun plans
554. Happy days
555. DK swallowing for the first time in a year, and how he may be able to lose the feeding tube soon!
556. Being loved even when I fail. Miserably.
557. The Bible verse S sent me... BLESSED are they...
558. It's a balmy 9 degrees out
559. S's jokes
560. The strong, yellow soap we have
561. "Spring is coming soon"
562. Mom's smile and hug today

No comments:

Post a Comment