Welcome

"I am immortal till my work is accomplished." ~David Livingstone

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

On Broken Cisterns (and sisters)...

"For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, And hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water."

~Jeremiah 2:13 (NKJV)

There are days when I feel like I can hold nothing. There are days when I feel empty and pointless. There are days when I forsake the Fountain, and find a broken cistern to pour my heart into. I pour my troubles into people, hoping they can uphold me and store my problems for me. I go to things and places for water, instead of the Word. I try to touch lives, and in so doing I crack them!

And this leaves ME broken. A broken sister searching for water from a broken world.

Why? Why is Yahweh not enough for me?

"'Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,' Says the Lord of hosts, 'If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.'"

~Malachi 3:10

Ah, so that's it. God tells me to pour in and trust. Give up of myself and trust. Let go and trust. Cease striving and KNOW. (Psalm 46:10) Oh, and HE will fill and bless and restore!

Today, I will give up on the fight to find in myself or my world something good enough to drink of. I will trust Him Who made me. I will strive to lay hold of Him and His promises.

This is a mission to end world thirst.

Want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment