Welcome

"I am immortal till my work is accomplished." ~David Livingstone

Monday, November 19, 2012

On The People Who Have Helped...

Recently I realized just how thankful I ought to be for several people. Maybe it's a teenager thing to not be thankful enough for people who guide you through life, or maybe it's just not natural to anyone to be thankful. In any case, I could have just added them to the thanksgiving list, but I think an entire post for them is more fitting.

I am thankful for people who push me towards God, whether I like the process or not.

My parents are the first who come to mind, and the ones I know I ought to thank God for the most. They have been the ones who have pulled me up and nudged me on toward godliness and, ultimately, happiness. They have listened to my words, cried and laughed with me, taught me from day one, and run after me whenever I strayed. If it weren't for them, I would be a wreck.

Pastor:
He has double checked to make sure I view the Puritans correctly. =) I know he would double check to make sure I view the world and God correctly. I am thankful for him!

A Few Friends:
There are several who have pushed me to do the right thing at various times.It isn't always easy to do the right thing, and it is even harder to encourage someone sometimes. I'm thankful for these people who have been brave enough to confront me!

It begins to make me feel that there is no way I can fall too far. There are so many levels of "nets" to catch me. God is so good to give me people who love me as themselves, and this makes me want to love my neighbor more.

"Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up."
-Ecclesiastes 4:9, 10 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment