Welcome

"I am immortal till my work is accomplished." ~David Livingstone

Monday, November 5, 2012

On Warmth and Good Books...

Today it is cold outside, the political calls are unceasing (at least it feels that way), and the trees are almost entirely bare.

But I have BOOKS. To read in the safety and warmth of my house. To enjoy and savor. To read myself warm.

And that's what makes school amazing: it's made up of BOOKS. And you and I have every opportunity to read wonderful literature.

The president cannot (at least yet) take away books and reading and knowledge and the free exchange of ideas.

We have access to books no matter our income. Nothing, absolutely nothing, prevents us from reading.

This was not always the case everywhere. And I am THANKFUL to live in the USA during the 21st century, and read...all day.

So let the wind blow, the phone ring, and the day go on. I'll be in my warm house, reading.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment