Welcome

"I am immortal till my work is accomplished." ~David Livingstone

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

On Politics On Election Day...

Today it is decided: who will lead our country for the next four years. And I admit I was nervous for a while! What would happen to our country if our current president continues in office?

And this is why I cannot think well of him:

Any man who does not submit to the laws God has put in place for the world creates his own standard for morality, and shakes his fist at his creator. A country that supports that is anything but Christian.

I've started listening to Christmas music already, and the lyrics to "Do You Hear What I Hear" bothered me. Can you imagine how history would be different if the king HAD admitted and proclaimed that Christ would "bring us goodness and light"?

Herod was a king who shook his fist at God, loved his power, knew no one could take it from him, and (oh, the similarities) approved (ordered) the killing of thousands of babies.

But if Christ had received honor instead of derision and hatred... Obviously, Christ's death (and all the apparent dishonor that it included) was God's plan.

People who shook their fists at their Creator crucified Him, and because of that I HAVE LIFE!

"But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive."

(Genesis 50:20 NKJV)

Have a happy Election Day, and remember, no matter what happens:

"The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes."

(Proverbs 21:1 NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment